BUILT SMART, BUILT TO LAST
This DuraTek cable has been thoughtfully designed and constructed from superior quality materials, ensuring it outlasts standard cables. Smart design details reinforce the cable at stress points, extending its life. An abrasion-resistant nylon exterior houses Kevlar fibers that reinforce the inner wiring while highly flexible insulation minimizes damage from friction. All these pieces come together to create a cable that withstands even the most demanding routines and borders on indestructible.
THE BELKIN DIFFERENCE:
1. Pioneer in technology and innovation for over 30 years
2. Kevlar-reinforced cable in double braided nylon provides added durability
3. Strain relief is tested to withstand 5,000+ cycles where the cable is bent to 180-degrees
4. USB-IF certified
5. 5-year Limited Warranty
One of the key components to DuraTek’s strength is Kevlar. This super-strong fiber is used around the world for everything from bulletproof vests to extreme sports gear. The Kevlar strands are built into the cable so it can bounce back after rigorous use. Kevlar’s ability to flex without stretching provides structure, keeping the wires inside safe from damage.
DOUBLE BRAIDED NYLON
The external cable jacket is made from premium and hard-wearing nylon that resists damage caused by everything from transportation to rubbing against your nightstand. Double braiding, a technique used in rope making, is incorporated to increase strength and resilience.
Insulation protects the wires inside a cable from damage as the cable bends and flexes. Some insulation can cause stiffness, affecting the overall suppleness of the cable. The highly flexible insulation within DuraTek minimizes friction, allowing the cable to bend easily while protecting the wires within from damage.
BETTER STRAIN RELIEF
The strain relief–where the cable joins the connector head–is made of flexible TPE and longer than that found on other cables. This added length and flexibility absorbs stress and reinforces the juncture between the cable and connector head, preventing separation. Not just flexible, TPE is also smooth, tactile and more environmentally-friendly than PVC.
Hi-Speed USB Compliance means that this cable has been certified by USB-IF to meet all electrical, mechanical and environmental standards, ensuring a superior user experience.
1. Kevlar, a high strength synthetic fiber, is used as a reinforcing agent to strengthen conductors and enhance protection
2. Drain wiring helps with added protection
3. Insulated conductors reduce friction while creating added flexibility and protection
4. Shield-braid and metalized Mylar shielding help to protect the cable from external electromagnetic interference
5. Thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) cable jacket is soft, pliable and environmentally friendly
6. Double-braided nylon exterior is abrasion resistant, reducing fraying and lasting longer
DuPont™ and Kevlar® are trademarks or registered trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company or its affiliates and used under license by Belkin.
FIND THE RIGHT CABLE
Which USB-C cable do I need?
Experience the Belkin USB-C Cable Finder